Today I’ll show you 15 different ways to build your subscriber list. The bigger your email list is, the more money you can earn. It is said, that in average for every lead you have you can earn about $1 per month. That means if you have a list of 5,000 subscribers you can earn around $5,000 per month!
In addition, no one can take away your email list. If your only traffic source is google and they change their algorithm it can happen that your traffic will be halved. However, if you have an email list you are independent to other companies or traffic sources.
For email marketing I use GetResponse and I can totally recommend it! They have a 30 days test trial and they offer everything you need like Autoresponder, web forms or landing pages.
But now let’s have a look at tips I collected to build your email marketing list:
- Offer quality content. Nobody likes to give up their email address for free. If you want to build a valuable relationship and engage your audience, you need to provide quality content that is worthwhile and interesting.
- Put sign-up forms on every web page. Your sign-up form should be everywhere your potential subscribers are. Make sure it’s visible and easy to fill out. Good places for a sign-up form are on the right side of a website or on the bottom.
- Use social media to collect email addresses. Integrate your sign-up forms with social media platforms, like Facebook or Google+. Driving traffic from multiple sources allows you to build a strong email marketing list much faster and you will be less dependent on a single source.
- Design your sign-up form carefully. Ask only for information you plan to use. A good rule of thumb is that less is more — the shorter the sign-up form, the higher the conversion rate. In most cases the name and the email address is sufficient.
- Show samples of your content. Let your subscribers know what they are signing up for. Use your older content samples to “sell” the email sign-up.
- Include a call to action. Put a call to action in your submit button, e.g. Sign me up! This makes the sign-up process more engaging and improves the conversion ratio. In most cases, it is a good idea to color the button in an eye-catching color like red or green.
- Give away freebies. Think of a relevant incentive for your audience (e-book, infographic, whitepaper, email-course) and provide it for free. Groupon built a 6 digit email list by giving away coupons.
- Ask subscribers to share. Take the time to prepare valuable, shareable content. Remember that putting the social share buttons is not enough; you still need to ask your subscribers to use them. The more the people will share your content the faster you can build your email list!
- Build a content distribution strategy. Producing great content is only half the battle. Make sure it’s visible to the right audience. Define who your ideal audience is and find out where they like to congregate online. This can be for example forums or Facebook Groups. But don’t spam them! Try to engage in their communication and help them.
- Publish landing pages. Create a squeeze page where visitors can download premium content in exchange for their email address. A dedicated web page helps users focus on the call to action and increases conversions. With GetResponse it is very simple to create landing pages!
- Include testimonials on your landing page. Social proof helps build trust toward a brand and its products. Use testimonials from satisfied customers to help visitors make a decision.
- Blog regularly. Great content brings more traffic. Develop a realistic content publishing schedule and stick to it. I would advise you to build new content at least once a week. The more content you produce the faster you will build your email list.
- Guest post on popular blogs. Publishing your content on other blogs is a great way to build relationships with other bloggers in your industry and introduce yourself to new people. Include a backlink to your blog, and your blog’s search rankings will go up.
- Collect email addresses at offline events. Be ready to collect email addresses at trade shows and conferences. Ask for business cards or use the Forms on the Go app to instantly add people to your list.
- Use viral email marketing. With viral mailer like viralurl, you can send up to 3000 emails every 3 days. The open rate can be very low but it can be very helpful building an email list.
As you can see there are many different ways to build a huge email list. Have you found other effective ways to build an email list? I would love to hear from you so please leave a comment below 🙂
PS: If you think this content can be interesting for your friends use the share button 🙂